Saturday, January 19, 2013

Addiction Damask Rose cheek stick

Addiction by Kose came out with new cheek sticks not so long after the release of their fall collection and one of them, Damask Rose, cought my eye.

As I'm a fan of their cheek sticks, of course I had to get my paws on it  I had to order it once it came out.


For those who are not familiar with cheek sticks, they are basically a cream blush in a stick form. The Addiction ones are made like a lipstick bullet and can be used on the cheeks and on the lips as well.

Damask Rose is a beautiful deep rosy pink and this shade is nothing like what I have so it kind of fills a particular gap in my stash.


Addiction Damask Rose cheek stick

The texture is really creamy and blends like a dream on the skin. Even people with dry skin will be able to use it.
As mentionned before the cheeks sticks can also be used on the lips but I personnaly prefer to use it on the cheeks because they cause my lips to dry out a little.

Damask Rose is one of the more pigmented one of the range and only a tiny amount is needed to get that healthy flush on the cheeks.

Here are some swatches of Damask Rose compared to other shades that were kind of simular but none of them were exact dupes.

Swatches in natural lighting

Indoor lighting

1. Addiction Damask Rose cheek stick: a deep rose colour

2. Addiction Amazing cheek stick: a cool candy pink shade

3. Kevyn Aucoin Myracle powder blush: more of a cool blue toned pink

4. Tom Ford Narcissist blush: a cool toned pink

Small update on the last swatch. For some reason, I thought it was the Addiction cream blush from the holiday palette untill I realise that shade is much darker and warmer than Tom Ford Narcissist. My apologies for the confusion.

The cheek sticks are one of the stand outs in the Addiction range (besides their eyeshadows and blushes) and I hightly recommand to try them out. 

The Addiction cheek sticks retail for 2940 Japanese Yen and can be purchased only in Japan. Online retailers like Ichibankao sell them too but with a markup.

No comments:

Post a Comment