Sunday, March 10, 2013

Suqqu spring/summer 2013

The spring collections so far haven't really impressed me untill I saw the promo pictures of the Suqqu spring 2013! 

As a major Suqqu fan, I was immediately interested but since Suqqu isn't readily availble where I live, I wanted to see and know more about this collection because we all know how deceiving pictures can be.

After seeing some swatches I knew that I had to get the eyeshadow quads and the face palette that has been released for Suqqu's 10th anniversary.

So need to tell that I was squealing like a little girl beyond excited when I got this in my mailbox.


So the first thing that I'll be reviewing are the eyeshadow quads. I got all 3 of them and the most interesting about them is that some of them are duochrome shades! *gasp*

For those who are more familiar with Suqqu eyeshadows, this is quite unique for Suqqu and nothing simular has been ever released before by Suqqu.

From L to R: EX-11 Sumiredama, EX-12 Hisuidama, EX-13 Ginusudama

The first quad is EX-11 Sumiredama and probably the most popular one of the 3 spring palettes.

Suqqu EX-11 Sumiredama

A mix of a duochrome purple and bown shade, paired with a pretty fresh (and spring like) yellow and pink shades makes this palette a stunner.

Close up of Sumiredama

These kind of colours are right up my alley and I was pleasantly surprised how vibrant the duochrome shades are.
The only thing is that the yellow shade is very sheer and light so it looks almost white on me which is a shame really. I would like to have a more bolder and pigmented yellow which is something Suqqu hasn't made yet and would make the palette much more interesting to use.

All by all I'm not disappointed in this quad and will be using the crap out of this palette.
Here are some swatches to show what I was talking about concerning the yellow colour. I did my best to capture the complexity of the duochrome shades which wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Sumiredama swatches- indoor lighting

Same Sumiredama swatches- outdoor lighting

Next quad is EX-12 which goes by the name 'Hisuidama' and caught my eye immediately because of bright green and pink shades which makes this palette perfect for spring.

Suqqu EX-12 Hisuidama

And the hard core Suqqu fans out there probably already saw that this quad looks very familiar to another one that has been released before.... yes I'm talking about EX-08 'Hanamari' which was originally Japan exclusive but has been released in the UK after all.

Close up of EX-12 Hisuidama

The main difference between Hisuidama and Hanamari is the duochrome brown shade that really makes this palette in my humble opinion. Also the pink shade in Hisuidama is lighter and more wearable compared to the one in Hanamari.

As usual the lighter shades are a bit more sheer compared to the the darker ones which will make a beautiful contrast when you want to apply them on your eyelid.

Hisuidama swatches- indoor lighting

Same Hisuidama swatches - outdoor lighting

And finally last but not least the last quad is EX-13 and is called 'Ginusudama'. The most neutral one of the 3 I guess but nonetheless still absolutely gorgeous!

Suqqu EX- 13 Ginusudama

The dark duochrome metalic greyish taupe colour is to die for and probably the most unique shade of all the 3 Suqqu palettes!

When I first saw the pictures of Ginusudama, I was hesitant to get it but now I'm glad I did. I don't have anything simular in my stash and this would be make a great everyday neutral palette.

Close up of EX- 13 Ginusudama

Some swatches to show off the complexity of the shades.

Ginusudama swatches- indoor lighting

Same Ginusudama swatches- outdoor lighting

Now the cherry on the cake may I present to you the Suqqu EX-02 face palette that has been released to celebrate the brand's 10th anniversary.

Suqqu EX-02 Face palette

This palette consist of a highlighting powder and a stunning coral peach blush.

The left side of the palette is inspired by a vintage pearl necklace and the embossed pearl pattern and is meant to create a pearly glow to the skin. It illuminates well and adds a subtle brightening sheen to the skin.
Because it doesn't contain any shimmer you can use it all over your face as well but be sure to use a light hand to create a natural effect.

Close up of the Suqqu EX-02 face palette

The right side of the palette is meant to be used as a blusher. The coral peach shade will bring a natural flush to your cheeks while adding a glow. The blush last for a good 4-5 hours and is incredibly pigmented. It does contain very tiny subtle shimmer but doesn't translate on the skin and the colour will suite almost any skintone.

EX-02 Face palette swatches- indoor lighting

Same EX-02 Face palette swatches- outdoor lighting

They also released 3 new Creamy Glow Moist lipsticks which I skipped due to the sheerness of the texture.
Suqqu will also be releasing a new foundation soon (somewhere in March) and it's the nex Frame Fix N liquid foundation which is suppose to be more dewey than the regular Frame Fix foundation range.

All of these products are limited edition so I suggest not to wait too long if you still want to get your hands on it.

The quads retail for £45 GBP each and the Face palette for £50 GBP and can be purchased at any Suqqu counter in Thailand, Japan and the UK (Selfridges).
Some online webshops like Ichibankao sell it too but beware of the marked up prices.


No comments:

Post a Comment