Sunday, April 21, 2013

Nars Satin lip pencils

Although I generally don't consider myself as a huge Nars fan, their lip pencils are definitely one of their better products in my humble opinion.

When I heard that they were going to release a new formula in February, called the Satin lip pencils, of course I had to go ahead and order so I could try these for myself.


Trying to restrain myself I only got 5 of them: Yu, Luxembourg, Lodhi, Golshan and Isola Bella.



Packaging is simular to the other lip pencils they make, black tube with a colored bottom end to indicate the shade.

The positive thing is that it's a sleek tube and not made of rubber like the blushes so it's much easier to clean. But the (only) negative thing I have to add is that you have to sharpen these lip pencils (unlike BITE beauty or Addiction lip crayons) which seems to be a bit of a waste to be honest, especially considering the amount of money you pay for these.



The texture is extremely creamy and glides on your lips like butter. Quite pigmented (especially the darker shades) and fairly long lasting on me and fades to a prety stain on my lips.

It sure feels slippery on the lips at first but when it settles it will be quite hard remove. I also find the shade range of the Satin lip pencils to be a tad better because it gives a bit more variety compared to the other lip pencil ranges.


Golshan.

Described as a 'spiced wine' and I quite agree. It's definitely a warm toned red without being too bright.

Me wearing Nars Golshan


Luxembourg.

A very interesting shade and according to Nars a 'vivid watermelon' shade. On me it has more of a red undertone to it but quite bright nonetheless.

Me wearing Nars Luxembourg.


Lodhi.

Any coral lovers will definitely love Lodhi. Although it's been described as a 'vibrant coral' I don't find it to be that vibrant at all on the lips. Very natural and perfect for everyday wear.

Me wearing Nars Lodhi.



Yu.

A shocking pink and the brightest shade of the whole range. It's cool toned so I was worried it would not look good with my rather warm Asian skintone but surprisingly I find it very wearable.

Me wearing Nars Yu.



Isola Bella

The most natural looking shade and definitely falls under the catagory 'My lips but better' shades. It's a peachy beige shade with a little hint of brown in it. A must have for those who love nude shades.

Me wearing Nars Isola Bella.


Here are some swatches on my arm to conclude this review.


Indoor swatches- From L to R:
Isola Bella - Lodhi - Yu- Luxembourg- Golshan

Same swatches- outdoor lighting.


The Nars Satin lip pencils retail for $25 USD/ 25 EUR and can be purchased online on the Nars website and at any Nars counter.





















2 comments:

  1. Did you buy BITE or Addiction pencils online? If so what site did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my BITE lip pencils from Sephora from the US through a friend of mine. The Addiction lip pencils can be found at online shops like Ichibankao.

      Delete